Travel Nurse Aim's Reader Seeks Tax Advice

I recently received an e-mail from a travel nurse reader with the following income tax question:

"Amy,

I have been a travel nurse in CA for 6 years. I am currently in the Sacramento area and have been at the same hospital since 01/08. Now, at eleven months I take 30 days off, then return.The hospital I work at continues to renew my contract and my employer continues to give me the full stipend in my check every week. How long can I remain in the same situation and stay within requirements set by the IRS? I have read the IRS publications but can not find anything to address my situation.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

[Name Redacted]"

Can Anyone Answer this Question?
Dear Reader,

I do not know the answer to your question as I have never been a travel nurse at the same location for more than 9 months. Can anyone answer the reader's question? If so, please post the answer as a comment to this post or e-mail me and I will pass it on to the reader.

Thanks,

Travel Nurse Aim