Not Happy With Your Nursing Career Or Need To Start One? Travel Nurses Are In Great Demand!

When I was in nursing school the thought of graduating and and starting work as a nurse was exciting.  I watched my parents (small business owners) spend years working days and nights to make a living for our family.  They worked 60-70 hours every week.  The thought of working three days a week (12 hour shifts) and getting full time benefits (especially vacation!) seemed almost too good to be true.

After working at the same hospital for a half dozen years another job opportunity came along that also sounded too good to be true: Travel Nursing!  I spoke to several travel nurses and even more travel nurse agencies.  I learned that most travel agencies would assist with moving expenses and help find a suitable lodging for me and my family.  I also learned that many of them provided free dental, health and life insurance, 401K's, licensing and NCLEX reimbursements and more pay than I was then making

As someone who loves adventure, I decided the 8 to 13 week travel nursing assignments would allow me to discover the United States and still earn a living.  It has.